OPEN ACCESS

PEER-REVIEWED

Comparative Study

| Published: April 20, 2019

The Influence of Self-Control and Emotional Empathy on Moral Judgment on Juvenile Inmates

Rifdha Wahyuni ,

Dept. of Psychology, University of Muhammadiyah Malang, Indonesia Google Scholar More about the auther

Latipun

Dept. of Psychology, University of Muhammadiyah Malang, Indonesia Google Scholar More about the auther

DIP: 18.01.014/20190702

DOI: 10.25215/0702.014

ABSTRACT

This research was conducted to measure the effect of self-control and emotional empathy on the moral judgment of juvenile inmates. This study used a sample of 147 children. The sampling technique used was nonprobability sampling with simple random sampling. The data analysis used is Multiple Regression Analysis at a significance level of 0.05. The results showed that there was a significant joint effect of self-control, emotional empathy and demographic factors on the moral judgment of juvenile inmates. The proportion of variance from moral judgment on juvenile inmates explained by all independent variables is 21.6% while the remaining 78.4% is influenced by other variables outside of this study. The results of the minor hypothesis test show that the dimensions of self-control namely informational control and education have a significant influence on the moral judgment of juvenile inmates.
Responding Author Information

Rifdha Wahyuni @ rfd.wahyuni@gmail.com

Find On

Article Metrics

ISSN 2348-5396

ISSN 2349-3429

DIP: 18.01.014/20190702

DOI: 10.25215/0702.014

Download: 11

Published in   Volume 07, Issue 2, April-June, 2019

Pin It on Pinterest