OPEN ACCESS

PEER-REVIEWED

Comparative Study

| Published: September 23, 2018

Prediction of Based on the Beliefs and Perceptions of Pain Intensity and Pain Perceived Stress and Self-Control in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis

Fahimeh Mardan

M.A in Psychology, Department of Psychology, Karaj Branch, Islamic Azad University, Karaj, Iran Google Scholar More about the auther

, Hamid RezaVatan Khah

Department of Psychology, Islamic Azad University of Tonekabon, Iran Google Scholar More about the auther

, Maryam Bahrami Hidjy

Department of Psychology, Islamic Azad University of Karaj Branch, Karaj, Iran Google Scholar More about the auther

DIP: 18.01.065/20180603

DOI: 10.25215/0603.65

ABSTRACT

Introduction: Regarding the importance of psychological problems along with the physical condition of patients in the community, especially patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Methods: The purpose of this study was to “predict the severity of pain based on beliefs and perception of perceived pain and perceived stress and self-control in patients with rheumatoid arthritis”. The research is categorized as descriptive correlational research in terms of research methodology and it is categorized as applied research in terms of purpose. The statistical population included all women with rheumatoid arthritis who referred to Shariati and Loghman hospitals in 2016. A sample of 200 participants was selected based on Morgan’s table. The instrument was Convictions and perception of pain, Perceived Stress (PSS-14), self-control and Visual Analogue Assessment (VAS). For analyzing the data, inferential statistics, stepwise multivariate regression analysis was used. Findings: The founding indicted that the variance of intensity of the pain was codified 34/1% of believing perception of the pain, 10/8% of self-control and 2/2% of perceived stress respectively which totally justified 47/1% of the variance of the model. Among the components of convictions and perception of the pain, the intensity of the pain was codified being mysterious 31/1% and believing in permanence of the pain 2/1% respectively. (In total 36/2%). Among perceived stress components, negative perceived stress could codified 34/8% of the intensity of the pain. Among the self-control components, prohibitive self-control could codify 28/3% of the variance of the intensity of the pain. Conclusion: As the result, it was indicated that in addition to effective role of these three components in predicting the pain, being mysterious and believing in permanency of the pain have more ability from conviction and perceiving the pain, perceived stress component and prohibitive self-control to identify the intensity of the pain in patients afflicted by Rheumatoid arthritis.

Download Full Text
Responding Author Information

Fahimeh Mardan @ parsianfu@gmail.com

Find On

Article Overview

ISSN 2348-5396

ISSN 2349-3429

18.01.065/20180603

10.25215/0603.65

Download: 2

View: 282

Published in   Volume 06, Issue 3, July-September, 2018